The forecast calls for heavy, blowing snow, wind gusts up to 55 miles per hour and wind chills as low as -30°. A flash freeze is also expected tonight, as temperatures drop more than 30° in a matter of hours.
Should an electrical service outage occur, our Tipmont team is ready to serve you no matter the conditions. Our crews will work until service is restored to every last Tipmont member.
If your lights flicker, even over a prolonged period, there is no need to report an outage. This is common during heavy winds like those forecasted, and Tipmont’s monitoring system will alert us of such issues.
Should you experience an outage lasting several minutes or longer, here’s how to report it:
- Call 800-726-3953
- Log into SmartHub
These outlets are monitored 24/7. Facebook, Twitter and our Contact Us email form are not.
Here are three quick tips to help keep heat in your home and stay comfortable:
- Cover drafty windows today, preferably with a heavy-duty, clear plastic sheet or film.
- Consider applying caulk or weatherstripping today to seal air leaks around doors or windows.
- If you have a fireplace that’s not in use, close the damper to keep warm air from escaping.
If you’re using a space heater, please keep the following in mind:
- Small space heaters cause big bills. Use them sparingly on the lowest setting you can tolerate.
- Always keep a space heater three feet from any combustible fabric to minimize fire risk.
- Keep a space heater on a flat, level surface to minimize the risk they will fall over.
- Always turn space heaters off when you go to sleep.
- Follow manufacturers’ guidelines for fuel use; the wrong fuel could cause a serious fire.