What drives us
Our Mission and Values
Our mission statement is: “Empower our communities by providing state-of-the-art essential services.”
Why we exist
In recent years, we’ve heard a lot about disruptive technologies; innovations that disrupt, or even displace an existing market. Indeed, the energy sector is on the cusp of significant transformation – alternatives to coal and natural gas, advancements in battery technology and changes in regulation and government policy.
Tipmont’s mission is larger than simply providing distributed electric services. Offering member choice in energy services is an important element to consider. We took action by launching the first community solar array in the state of Indiana and building a state-of-the-art fiber-optic internet service.
Our mission statement, adopted in late 2014, is:
EMPOWER OUR COMMUNITIES BY PROVIDING STATE-OF-THE-ART ESSENTIAL SERVICES.
digging in deeper
What Our Mission Statement Means
what we value
Our Core Values
As a not-for-profit cooperative, Tipmont answers only to the members and communities we serve. These five core values are an expectation for each Tipmont employee and aim to meet the high expectations our members have.
- I re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems.
- I am open to change to improve an outcome.
- I keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
- I challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches
- I accomplish important work that makes a difference.
- I demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely on me.
- I focus on results over process.
- I set high standards for myself and help others achieve their goals.
- I seek what is best for Tipmont rather than what is best for myself or my group.
- I inspire others with my desire for excellence.
- I care intensely about our customers and colleagues.
- I care deeply about Tipmont’s success.
- I am confident and humble.
- I am tenacious and optimistic.
- I show up to work each day to make the communities I serve better.
- I make time to serve customers, colleagues, and community stakeholders.
- I respect people and value process.
- I respect myself enough to work safely.
- I respect my co-workers enough to enforce safe working practices.
- I nurture and embrace different perspectives to make better decisions.
- I listen well and seek to understand before reacting.
- I adapt my communication style to work well with people who communicate differently.
- I seek to build others up through my communication.