In October 2022, Tipmont distributed nearly $20,000 in grants from its Operation Round Up and EnviroWatts programs. These grants funded initiatives to support green spaces, mental health, robotics programs, public safety and child literacy in the communities we serve.
Operation Round Up
- Promotional signage for a new mental health hotline to display in various community locations for Volunteers for Mental Health in Montgomery County — helping people access assistance when needed and additional resources to ensure mental well-being.
- Parts required to build a robot for the 2023 competition season for McCutcheon High School’s Mavericks Robotics Boosters, encouraging science, technology, engineering and math activities among area high schoolers.
- A metal handrail along sidewalks in Lafayette’s Wabash Avenue Neighborhood for the Lafayette Urban Enterprise Association — improving connectivity between the historic neighborhood and Lafayette’s downtown, and enhancing public and pedestrian safety.
- Books and seating for the Lafayette Adult Resource Academy’s Family Literacy Library, where families can gather to read together and encourage child literacy.
Tipmont also supports local projects in sustainability, renewable energy and environmental improvement through the EnviroWatts program! As a participant, you add just one cent per kilowatt-hour to your monthly Tipmont electric bill — with a $5 monthly maximum.
- In October 2022, the EnviroWatts program donated $10,000 to the Lafayette Tree Fund to plant trees in public spaces throughout Lafayette.