Tipmont REMC is proud to sponsor nineteen students for this year’s Touchstone Energy Camp, June 7 – 10, 2017 at Camp Tecumseh.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Emme Seest, Rossville Middle School
- Thomas Laffoon, Northridge Middle School
- Todd Laffoon, Northridge Middle School
- Chris, Verissimo, Wea Ridge Middle School
- Brandon Sherwood, Battle Ground Middle School
- Connor Villalobos, Homeschooled
- Nathan Veach, Battle Ground Middle School
- Codster Van Dyke, East Tipp Middle School
- Carlos Perez Xochipa, Battle Ground Middle School
- Ben Kubat, Battle Ground Middle School
- DJ Mosier, Battleground Middle School
- Riley Flinn, Battle Ground Middle School
- Aria Davis, Lafayette Christian School
- Zack Bush, East Tipp Middle School
- Salma Bovftas, Battle Ground Middle School
- Owen, Houston, East Tipp Middle School
- Olivia Billings, East Tipp Middle School
- Chloe Quillen, East Tipp Middle School
- Joseph Chase, East Tipp Middle School
Additionally, two Tipmont employees, Traci Mountcastle, Member Services and Curly Jasheway, Operations, serve as chaperones.
“I love that I have the opportunity go and help these kids make new friends and experience new adventures,” Mountcastle said. “We do so many activities from rock wall climbing to horseback riding. The most rewarding part for me is watching the campers face and conquer their fears. There’s just nothing like it.”
Students entering seventh grade this fall were eligible to attend and were selected by Tipmont employees to participate in the three-day program. The students’ agenda combined traditional outdoor camp activities with environmental education, electrical safety practices and cooperative business education.
The Touchstone Energy Camp program was developed by a committee of electric cooperative employees from Indiana. The camp is funded in part by Indiana’s electric cooperatives, Hoosier Energy, Wabash Valley Power, Indiana Electric Cooperatives, and other industry partners.